Star Citizen: Keyboard Controls
Many of Star Citizen fans play the game on PC. This platform is great because it’s relatively easy to control the character and the ship using keyboard. As you know the game is rather huge. It consists of many modes (modules) and the controls layout is complicated. A new player will have to spend some time learning the keys before diving deep into the game. That’s why this guide is written.
Where to find actual layout? You can always find latest layout at RSI website in special Arena Commander Pilot’s Manual. This manual contains all the information about AC you need to know before starting.
- ESC: access menu. In most of the modes except Hangar this also pauses the game. In Hangar mode there is no pause.
- Insert: changes camera views from 3rd person to 1st person and vice versa.
- `: key for opening console. Pay attention: using console commands can break the game. Yse them carefully.
- F: use ley. When you hover something and see “Use” icon, press F key to use.
- Ctrl + F: exit ship / station
- W, A, S, D: move in different directions. Standard combination for most games
- Shift: your character runs when you hold it
- Ctrl: press to toggle crouch
- Space: jump
- Caps Lock: toggles between walking and jogging
- F2: Augmented Reality
- F10: activates HUD
- F12: open Chat interface to communicate with others and to use Emotions
- F11: contact list
- W, A, S, D: move and turn in different directions
- Shift: speed boost (similar to sprint)
- O: use lights
- H: horn
- W, S: throttle up / back
- Q, E: strafe left / right
- R, F: strafe Up / down
- A, D: roll left / right
- N: toggle Landing system. Read Star Citizen: How to Land? for more details.
- M: toggle auto pilot. Used for landing in Automated mode.
- T: cycle hostile targets
- Y: cycle all targets
- U: cycle pinned targets
- G: pin target
- H: cycle friendly targets back
- J: cycle radar focus forward
- K: cycle radar focus back
- L: target focus
- C: nearest hostile
- V: focus target reticule
- M: match target velocity
- .: radar zoom
- Num 7: top shields
- Num 8: fore shields
- Num 9: bottom shields
- Num 4: left shields
- Num 5: equalize shields
- Num 6: right shields
- Num 2: rear shields
- Scroll: Zoom in / out
- Click in Combat mode: acquire missile lock
- Hold in Combat mode: fire missile
- Click in Landing mode: request Landing / take off
- Click in Spectator mode: switch to the next mode
Only registered users can comment. Login or register, please.
Many players start playing Star Citizen from entering Hangar. They think that it's starting point of the game. They launch it, come close to the ship, enter it..But they have troubles with leaving their Hangar.By: Pwner
Many players don’t know which package to buy in Star Citizen. There are many different options and the price range is huge. Find out what’s the best starting pack for any player.By: Pwner
Hangar is currently seen as a connecting module to all the other parts of Star Citizen. Find out how to use it and upgrade it to larger version.By: Pwner