Star Citizen: Arena Commander
is one of several modules in Star Citizen
. It is Dogfighting and flight simulation module that allows player to fight against each other using their spacecrafts and explore open space. This module is one of the most important in Star Citizen because it allows to travel in space. It is still in development and will be updated regularly. Right now not all functions work as they should to but developers are doing all they can to finish AC as soon as possible.
The module is huge and you will need rather strong PC in order to run it.
That’s because the map is big and large number of visual effects are used. The graphics is amazing and the space looks fantastic. But only players with good PCs will be able to see all greatness of the picture. Here is a list of minimum system requirements:
- Windows 7 (64 bit) or Windows 8 (64 bit)
- 1GB Video RAM Graphic Card (DirectX 11)
- Quad core CPU
- 8GB RAM
Computer that meets minimum requirements will allow you to run the game but you will not see all game’s beauty. If you really want to see all visual effects you will need much better computer.
How to get access?
You need RSI account with a game pledge package connected.
The package can be purchased at the official website of the game. Read more about how to download and access the game in our «How to Download Star Citizen?»
guide. The package must include a spacecraft
, in game currency called United Earth Credits
(UEC) and access to the full game. A player can access this module if his package includes Alpha Slot or Arena Commander Pass.
Note, that some low cost packages don’t include access to Arena Commander. It doesn’t mean that players with such packages can’t use the module. They can purchase access to the module separately at RSI website. The cost of the pass is $5 USD right now.
Arena Commander module is in development and not all ships can be used there so far
. Right now you can use only: RSI Aurora, the Origin 300i, the Anvil F7C Hornet, the Origin Jumpworks M50 Interceptor, and the Origin Jumpworks 350R. It doesn’t mean that you have to purchase one of these ships in order to play. If you own modification of any ship listed above you can use the basic model in Arena Commander. For example if you own Aurora LX you can use RSI Aurora ship in AC.
The list of ships will be enlarged and final version will include all available ships.
Star Citizen Arena Commander can be played as a single game and as multiplayer. The Single Player modes
allow to play alone without real enemies or against AI. These games are great to play for training and for getting prepared for real PvP fights.
The Multiplayer Modes
- Vanduul Swarm – space combat against AI. You will be able to fight against AI ships in open space using your ship. This mode is great for getting familiar with your ship and its possibilities.
- Free Flight – just a flight in open space. No enemies, no AI and combat. The mode is great for getting familiar with Star Citizen, configuring and for setting up controls.
- Murray Cup Racing – racing from one point to another without competitors.
allow to play against real players. These modes are much more difficult to play than Single Player because you will face with real humans. We recommend to start from Single Player games first. Here is a list of Multiplayer Modes:
- Battle Royale – PvP mode
- Squadron Battle — PvP mode
- Capture the Core — PvP mode similar to Capture the Flag mode in other MMO games. You need to capture the “Core” from enemies’ base and deliver it to your base. The base is a big circle shaped space station with an energy generator. This energy generator has the “Core” in the center of circle. All you need to capture it is to fly through the circle shaped space station and capture energy.
- Vanduul Swarm Coop
- Murray Cup Racing – racing mode where you can compete against other players.
Q: Is it possible to use joystick in Arena Commander?
Yes, you can use joystick in Star Citizen. There is a special program created and supported by a person with nick Vampyre and Star Citizen fans that helps to configure joystick: JoyConfig4SC. This program can be founded at the official game forums
Q: Does the game support Gamepad?
Yes, you can use gamepad in Arena Commander.
This is all the information you need to know about Arena Commander in Star Citizen. Don’t forget to share this guide with your friends.